Creamy Garlic Chicken Breast with Crispy Bacon
Prep Time: 10 MIN
Cooking Time: 20 MIN
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- 2 boneless and skinless Circle C Farm Chicken Breasts, halved horizontally to make 4
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 whole head of garlic, peeled and divided into 10-12 cloves
- 1 1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon pieces (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Season the sliced chicken breasts with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken breasts until golden on each side, cooked through, and no longer pink (about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer chicken to a warm plate and set aside. You might work in batches if your skillet is too small. Wipe the skillet clean with paper towels in between batches.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Sauté the onion in the remaining cooking oil and juices in the skillet, until softened.
4. Smash 6 whole cloves of garlic with the flat side of a knife. Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat through, mixing it through the onions. Sauté smashed garlic cloves and onions until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken stock to deglaze the pan. Scrape up any browned bits and allow to simmer 5 minutes, reducing by 1/2.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour in the whipping cream. Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer for about 2-3 minutes, combining all of the flavors together. Mix in the parmesan cheese. Continue cooking gently for about 2-3 minutes until cheese melts, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to your taste.
6. Add the chicken back into the pan and let simmer for a further 2-3 minutes to thicken the sauce to your liking. The chicken breast will soak up all of the delicious flavors. Garnish with bacon, parsley, and a sprinkle of cracked pepper. Serve the creamy garlic chicken over pasta, cauliflower mash, zucchini noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!