Oriental Inspired Dinner - 5 Minute Beef Stir Fry
You only need five minutes to make this homemade Chinese recipe taste take-out worthy, so grab your wok (or a skillet!) and some fresh ingredients and get ready to impress your whole family. One taste and you'll never order Chinese take-out again!
This recipe proves that learning how to make beef stir fry is easier than you might think. It's amazing what fresh ingredients can do! We think you'll enjoy preparing this meal so much that you'll wonder why you didn't make it sooner. The good news is that, since it only takes 5 minutes to make, you and your family can enjoy this stir fry beef as often as you want. It's truly a crowd pleasing (and cook pleasing) dinner!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 to 8 slices fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups warm cooked rice
Serving: 4 people
What to Do
- In a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot. Add ginger, garlic, and beef; cook 2 minutes, or until beef is browned. Add red pepper, snow peas, and onion and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Pour into wok and cook until sauce thickens. Serve over rice.
Sourced from Mr. Food TV