PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME20 minutes
- 1 lb Alligator Meat
- 2 c Flour, all purpose
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 c Buttermilk
- 2 tsp Water
- Oil for Frying , vegetable or peanut
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1/4 inch of oil to the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, beat one egg and add buttermilk and water.
- In another bowl, add flour and seasonings and mix to combine.
- Cut alligator meat into chunks. Dredge each piece in the seasoned flour then in the wet mixture then back in the flour mixture. Add dredged pieces to heated oil in skillet.
- Fry over medium heat until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by Julias Simply Southern