Who says turkey is only for the holidays? Sure, Granny's Cider Baked Turkey Breast, made with apple cider and love, does make a great Christmas meal, but she wanted to make sure that you could have the same comforting taste, anytime of the year! Grandma loved watching this meal bring the family together, and now you can too!
What You'll Need
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) turkey breast
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider or apple juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Sprinkle turkey breast evenly with salt and pepper and place skin-side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Remove turkey from oven and lower temperature to 325 degrees F. In a bowl, combine 1 cup apple cider, the Worcestershire sauce, and cinnamon; pour mixture over turkey breast.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes or until turkey reaches 165 degrees F, basting occasionally with cider mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk flour and remaining 1/2 cup apple cider. Remove turkey from pan to a cutting board to let rest. Stir flour mixture into pan drippings and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Slice turkey and serve with gravy.
Sourced by Mr. Food TV