Honey Lemon Chicken
Looking for a way to keep the kitchen clean while making a fantastic dinner? Our Honey Lemon Chicken is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and mess free! Whip this recipe up anytime, and taste the southern hospitality as friends and family devour this delicious sticky chicken! It'll be come a fast favorite you'll want to serve up at least once a week!
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, place 1 stick melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the honey, and lemon juice; mix well and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper; mix well. Dip chicken in flour mixture, coating completely. Place coated chicken into baking dish with butter, coating completely on both sides. Place skin side down in baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes then remove from oven and turn chicken over. Spoon honey mixture over chicken, then bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Spoon pan drippings over the chicken and serve.
Serving size: 4 people
- Feel free to make this with all drumsticks, or wings or…you get the idea. And once you taste this, you’ll truly appreciate that this can be served for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or dress it up with some sliced lemons and it’s perfect for when you invite your extended family over. Everyone likes this; as for everyone liking your extended family, that is always iffy.