Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork
This Mojo Pork is marinated with the best citrus and garlic Mojo Criollo and slow cooked until fork-tender. The perfect crock pot dump-and-go Cuban pork recipe!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 hours
Total Time 6 hours 10 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 (4-pounds) pork shoulder or pork butt (bone-in or boneless
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (lightly packed)
- Using a paring knife, make a few slits all over the surface of the pork. (See Note 1)
- Place the pork roast in the slow cooker and add the rest of the ingredients. Make sure the pork gets coated with the marinade.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 - 6 hours or on low for 8 or until tender.
- At this point, the pork is fully cooked and can be served with the cooking juices or you can make a quick sauce (see Note 2)
- To crisp up the top, carefully remove the pork from the slow cooker and place it onto an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Bake on a preheated 400 degrees F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. You will be able to shred the meat with a couple of forks. Yes, it will be that tender!
- Serve with the remaining juices from the slow cooker or sauce. (See Note 2)
- Note 1: You can marinate the pork for 4 hours in the refrigerator if time permits.
- Note 2: Serve the Cuban pork with the juices (cooking liquid) from the slow cooker or make a sauce. Here is how to make a quick sauce. After removing the pork roast from the slow cooker, skim some of the fat off the top. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Mix until the cornstarch is dissolved. Turn the slow cooker to high. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and allow the sauce to cook on high for about 20 minutes (while the pork is in the oven). The sauce will thicken slightly. Serve with the Mojo Pork.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by Lemon Blossoms