Taco Tuesday Pie
If you've been looking for the ultimate ground beef skillet recipe, then you've come to the right place! With a tasty mix of Mexican flavors and good, hearty ingredients including lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and ground beef, you're in for a dinner to remember with this one!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Serving size: 4 people
What to Do
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef 6 to 7 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently; drain off excess liquid.
- Stir in refried beans and salsa, breaking up mixture with the back of a spoon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until well combined and heated through, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat, scrape down sides with a spatula, and smooth mixture evenly in skillet.
- Arrange lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream in concentric circles (one inside the next) on top of beef mixture, and serve immediately.
- If you prefer, remove the beef mixture to a platter then layer with the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream. And don't forget the tortilla chips!
Sourced from Mr. Food TV