- Serves 4.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
1) Take your whole heart and, with a sharp knife, go over both sides of it removing any sinewy parts including skin and tendons. You should be left with a uniform piece of meat that resembles a very lean steak.
2) Cut the heart steak into 1/2 inch slices. Drizzle on some olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
3) Grill heart strips on high heat for about 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Once the steaks come off the grill, let them rest for a few minutes before serving. Cover them with foil to keep them warm.
4) Mix gremolata ingredients together ahead of time and let sit at room temperature for a few minutes (30 would be good).
5) Serve a few heart strips over a starch (like polenta). Top with gremolata.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by Macheesmo