SERVES 4 to 6
PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes to 30 minutes
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup Whole30-compliant mayonnaise, such as Primal Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grate the zest of 1 medium lemon into a large bowl and set aside.
- Juice the lemon and add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the juice to a small bowl. Finely chop 2 tablespoons fresh dill and add to the bowl. Add 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to the bowl and whisk to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add 1 pound ground lamb, 2 teaspoons dried oregano, remaining 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to the bowl of lemon zest. Work the mixture together with your hands until all the ingredients are evenly combined. Do not overwork.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Form the meat mixture into 18 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs (about 2 tablespoons each) and place on the baking sheet.
- Heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Working in batches if needed to make sure the pan is not crowded, add the meatballs and cook, turning every minute, until browned all over and cooked through, about 15 minutes total. Serve with the sauce.
Make ahead: The meatballs can be formed and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. The sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance.
Storage: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by The Kitchn