Pork Sausage with Fennel Spaghetti
Preparation 10 min
Cooking 30 min
Pork sausages with Fennel
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp chili flakes
½ tsp fennel seeds
½ cup red wine
(3 cups) passata
2 tbsp. oregano leaves, finely chopped, plus extra, to serve
2/2 ½ cup Ligurian olives
salt flakes and black pepper, to taste
12 oz Spaghetti (1 Box)
Parmesan, crumbled, to serve
- Squeeze sausage meat from casings and break up. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Increase heat and add sausage meat.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until sausage meat is browned.
- Add chili flakes and fennel seeds, and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour over red wine and stir in passata, oregano and olives. Season with salt flakes and black pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain.
- Divide spaghetti between serving plates and top with sauce. Garnish with extra oregano and crumbled parmesan.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by SBS