These brown sugar pork chops are seared to golden brown perfection and bathed in a garlic, butter and brown sugar sauce. The absolute BEST way to eat pork chops!
- 4 bone in pork chops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- lemon wedges and parsley sprigs for serving optional
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the pork chops to the pan in a single layer. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until browned.
Remove the pork from the pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Add the butter to the pan and melt. Add the garlic, brown sugar and Italian seasoning and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Place the pork chops back in the pan and spoon the sauce over the top.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until pork is cooked to desired level of done-ness.
Spoon the sauce from the bottom of the pan over the pork chops and sprinkle with parsley. Serve, garnished with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs if desired.
- If you don't have Italian seasoning, you can substitute equal parts of dried oregano, dried basil and dried thyme.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by Dinner at the Zoo