20 Minute Greek Gyros with Tzatziki Sause
Easy to make Greek gyros that take just 20 minutes from start to finish! We're using a combination of lamb and beef to make these gyros patties tender and delicious. Wrapped inside of a pita and topped with dill tzatziki, this meal it totally weeknight friendly!
- 1/2 lb.lean ground lamb
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice powder
- 1/4 cup grated onions (squeezed to remove liquid)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed (or more!)
- Pita bread, sliced onions, tomatoes, shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl combine the ground lamb, beef, garlic, all spice powder, onions, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine. Shape the meat into 12 small patties. Alternately, you could just shape them into 4-5 larger ones. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the tzatziki sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for serving.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the patties for 3-4 minutes (smaller) and 6 minutes (larger) or until they are cooked to desired doneness.
- to serve: Warm the pita bread, layer with meat patties, sliced onions, tomatoes, and lettuce. Top with tzatziki sauce and serve immediately.
- If you'd like to add cucumbers to the tzatziki sauce, use a large grater to grate about 1/3 of a cup. Squeeze out as much water from the cucumbers as possible before adding it to the yogurt.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by Little Spice Jar