Simple yet incredibly delicious, these Paleo Egg Roll Bowls with Chicken are bound to become a new go-to for you! An easy stir fry that tastes just like an egg roll topped with a sesame aioli that you’ll want to put on everything! Whole30 and keto friendly too.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Cuisine: keto, Whole30
Servings: 6 servings
1/2 cup mayo or purchased paleo mayo
- 2 cloves garlic minced, or 1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
3 tsp hot sauce Whole30 compliant
egg roll bowls:
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into pieces or strips
1 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil divided
Sea salt and pepper for the chicken
1/2 tsp onion powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper optional
- 6-7 cups shredded veggies slaw mixture or a combination of shredded cabbage, carrots, brussels sprouts
3 tbsp coconut aminos
1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp hot sauce Whole30 compliant, optional
- 1 bunch scallions thinly sliced white/light green and green parts separated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
2 tsp ginger fresh, about 1” peeled and grated or minced
- Whisk together the mayo, garlic, sesame oil, lime or lemon juice, hot sauce, and cayenne, if using until smooth, refrigerate until ready to use.
Stir fry the chicken and veggies:
- Have all ingredients prepped and ready to go before beginning since the cooking will go fast.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat and add 1 Tbsp of the oil. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, onion powder, and a dash of cayenne pepper if desired.
- Once skillet is smoking hot, add the chicken and cook, stirring to brown evenly, for about 5 minutes or until browned and cooked through, then remove to a plate while you cook veggies.
- Lower heat to med and add 1/2 Tbsp of oil. Add the slaw/shredded veggies, cook and stir for about a minute until beginning to soften, then add the white scallions, ginger and garlic.
- Cook another minute, then add the coconut aminos, sesame oil, and hot sauce, if using, to the skillet and stir, add the chicken back in, stir to combine well. Remove from heat and garnish with sliced green onion.
- Serve in bowls drizzled with the spicy aioli*. Enjoy!
*The stir fry will reheat well if prepared ahead of time - just wait until serving before adding the aioli.