Jamaican Curry Chicken Feet
Try something new with the Jamaican Chicken feet Recipe. This tasty recipe will change your mind about eating chicken feet if you are skeptical about trying it!
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME45 mins
SERVINGS 6 Servings
- 2 lb. Chicken Feet
- 1 tbsp. Curry Powder (you can also use turmeric)
- 3 Cloves garlic Crushed or chopped
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 2 Sprig Thyme Or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 Stalk of Scallion
- 1/2 Scotch bonnet pepper De-seeded
- 6 Pimento berries (allspice)
- Small piece of ginger
- 1 Medium carrot Diced
- 1 tsp All-purpose or Chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt to your taste with more or less salt
- 2 tbsp. Cooking Oil
To water to chicken feet
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar To water to chicken feet
- 1 Lime or lemon to water to chicken feet
Clean & Season
- Carefully skinned and removed chop off the nails then wash in some water with the vinegar and lime juice then drained.
- In a kitchen bowl, season the chicken feet with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, ginger, scallion, thyme, scotch bonnet pepper, pimento berries, the all-purpose seasoning salt 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- Combine the seasoning and chicken and put to marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a pot pour the cooking oil, rest of the curry powder, bay leave and put to heat on medium fire. As soon as the as the oil reach smoke point add the marinated chicken feet and stir.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the muscles in the feet to contract.
- Add enough water to cover to meat in the pot and the rest of the salt taste. Cover and leave to cook for 50-60 minutes, unit the feet cook and the water is reduced to gravy.
- About half way in, add the carrot.
If you are using a pressure cooker, pressure for 30 minutes then remove pressure cooker lib add the carrot, simmer until the carrot is soft.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced from Jamaican Foods and Recipes