Cilantro Lime Chicken Drumsticks
These garlicky Cilantro Lime Chicken Drumsticks are like a blast of summer to get you through those winter blues. Also great for the grill!
1 hr 30 mins
Servings: 3 to 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 limes
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 6 Drumsticks
- Combine the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper (about 10-15 cranks of a mill) in a bowl.
- Use a zester, microplane, or small-holed cheese grater to remove the zest from one of the limes. Add about 1 tsp zest and 3 Tbsp juice to the marinade. Pull the leaves from 1/4 bunch of cilantro and chop finely. Add the chopped cilantro to the marinade and stir to combine. The other 1/4 bunch of cilantro will be added after baking.
- Pour the marinade into a gallon sized zip top bag and add the chicken drumsticks. Close the bag tightly and massage to mix and coat the chicken pieces in the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or longer if desired, turning the bag occasionally to redistribute the marinade.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add the chicken pieces to a casserole dish so they are all in one layer, trying not to overcrowd. Pour the rest of the marinade in the bag over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 40-45 minutes, basting once or twice throughout. For more browning, turn the broiler on at the end of the cooking time and broil for 2-4 minutes, or until the desired amount of browning is achieved. The total cooking time will ultimately depend on the size of your drumsticks and how closely they are packed together in the baking dish. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the meat has reached 160ºF to be sure.
- Garnish the chicken with fresh slices of lime and more chopped cilantro leaves.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by Budget Bytes