Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 12 hours
Total Time: 12 hours 45 minutes
Servings: 16 people
The bold and juicy flavor of Smoked Brisket is everything! We have the perfect smoked brisket recipe that is flawless every time!
- peach butcher paper
- 12 pound Brisket
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt Coarse
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper Fresh Cracked
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider (or Apple Juice)
- Remove any silver skin or excess fat from the flat end of the muscle. Trim down the large portion of fat that looks like a crescent shape. Trim any excessive or loose meat and fat from the point of the meat. See notes
- Square the edges so the meat cooks more evenly. Flip the brisket over and trim the top fat cap to about 1/4" thickness. In a mixing bowl mix the rub. Spread over the brisket.
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F using super smoke and your favorite chips. Place the brisket on the smoker with the pointed end facing your main heat source. Close the lid and smoke until 165 degrees F , about 8-9 hours
- On a large work surface, roll out a big piece of peach butcher paper and center your brisket in the middle. Spray with apple juice. Wrap the brisket Return the wrapped brisket to the smoker, seam side down so the weight from the brisket crimps the edges of the paper wrap down tight.
- Close the lid on the smoker and, maintaining 225 degrees F, until the internal temperature of the brisket reaches 205 degrees F in the thickest part of the meat (takes anywhere from 3-4 hours).
- Remove the brisket to a large cutting board and allow to rest for 2 hours before slicing. This is absolutely necessary and cannot be skipped in brisket smoking.
- Brisket fat does not melt down and make the meat juicy like pork does. Instead, the fat sits and is awkward so it's best to trim that fat away.
Left overs can be kept in the refrigerator for 4 days.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by Oh Sweet Basil