Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 4 lamb shanks (Can substitute with Beef Osso Buco)
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 lge onion chopped coarsely.
- 2 medium carrots chopped coarsely.
- 2 cloves garlic peeled.
- 3 tomatoes peeled, cut into quarters (or 400g can crushed tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup beef or chicken stock
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 4 bay leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat half the oil in the pressure cooker over medium heat
- Wipe dry the shanks and brown, remove and set aside
- In remaining oil, sauté onion, carrots and garlic for 5 mins. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, herbs, lemon rind, wine and stock. Bring to the boil and stir well
- Return the lamb shanks to the cooker, season to taste with salt and pepper
- Close and lock the lid, bring the cooker to HIGH pressure over high heat. Once pressure is reached, reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for 35 mins - Use natural release method to depressurize your pressure cooker, then remove the lid
Serve each shank on mashed potato, spoon over plenty of gravy and serve with steamed green beans or peas. If you like the gravy a little thicker, whisk a small quantity of the sauce with flour, mix with the rest of the sauce and heat over low heat. How simple is this pressure cooker recipe?! Bon Appetit.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by Australia's Pressure Cooker Specialist