Orange Duck Recipe
There's something about a roasted duck that makes us feel absolutely indulgent! Our Orange Duck is juicy and so easy to make that you'll want to indulge a little more often. The sweet orange marmalade glaze gives it a delightful citrus taste we can't get enough. We know that after just one bite of this easy dinner recipe, your "goose" will be cooked.
What You'll Need
- 1 5- to 6-pound duck, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- ORANGE GLAZE
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 (8.25-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sprinkle duck evenly with 1 tablespoon salt and black pepper. Place on rack in roasting pan and prick skin all over with a fork. Roast 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the Orange Glaze, in a medium bowl, combine marmalade, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, the mandarin oranges, and ground red pepper; mix well, breaking down the mandarins slightly. Reserve 1/4 cup of orange glaze and set aside. Remove duck from oven and spread remaining glaze over it.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F and roast duck 40 to 45 minutes or until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 degrees F. Cut each half in half. Serve duck with reserved orange glaze.
Sourced by Mr. Food TV