Cream Cheese Lemon Bars
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
chilling time4 hours
for the crust
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
for the filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cups fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13 inch pan with foil or parchment with plenty of overhang around the edges to lift the bars out of the pan before cutting.
- Prepare the crust by combining flour, sugar, salt, and butter cubes in a food processor or blender. Cover and pulse until fine crumbs form. (You can also do this with a pastry cutter, fork, or with your fingers in a large bowl.)
- Press crust into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Prepare the filling by combining cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl. Cream together until smooth. Mix in flour, lemon juice, eggs, and vanilla until completely incorporated.
- Pour filling over crust and return to oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes, then cover and transfer chill in the fridge 4 hours or overnight. Lift the foil edges to remove the bars from the pan, slice into squares, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by Creme De La Crumb