- 4kg standing beef rib roast
- 1/4 cup (70g) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs pink peppercorns, lightly crushed, plus extra, to serve
- 2 each brown and red onions, sliced into 3mm thick rounds
- 1 bunch each rosemary and thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 cups (500ml) beef stock
1.Brush the top side of the beef with the mustard, then scatter over pink pepper, pressing to stick. Set the beef aside for 1-2 hours to bring to room temperature.
2.Preheat oven to 220°C. Truss beef if necessary with kitchen string and wrap each bone with foil to prevent burning.
3.Lay onion slices, herbs and bay leaves in the base of a large roasting pan, top with beef and drizzle with oil. Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce oven to 160°C and roast for a further 1 1/2-2 hours until a meat thermometer inserted into the centre reads 55°C.
4.Transfer the beef to a separate pan and rest, loosely covered with foil, for 20 minutes.
5.For the rosemary gravy, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and rosemary, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until golden and softened.
6.Add flour and stir for 1 minute to coat and toast slightly. Gradually add stock, whisking constantly, until smooth.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by Delicious