Fresh mango, pomegranate and pistachios layered with creamy yogurt perfumed with orange blossom water.
- 1½ cups (375 ml) Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tsp orange blossom water (optional)
- 1 mango, diced (can substitute with Peach)
- 2 handfuls pistachios, shelled
- 2 handfuls pomegranate seeds (about ¼ of a pomegranate)
- Mix the orange blossom water with the yogurt and return to the fridge to chill while you prepare the other ingredients.
- To dice the mango, cut the sides off, lengthwise along the seed, then score each side without piercing the skin. Flip each half ‘inside-out’ (as pictured above), then cut each chunk off at the base.
- Divide the mango between two dessert bowls (or martini glasses).
- Add a few spoonful of the yogurt mix, spreading evenly to cover the mango.
- Divide the pistachios between the dishes, trying to keep as many close to the edge as possible (for visual effect).
- Top with remaining yogurt and then decorate with pomegranate seeds. (To get the hearts, I placed a heart-shaped cookie-cutter on the yogurt and dropped the seeds into it.)
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until you’re ready to enjoy. I wouldn’t recommend leaving it longer than a few hours, as the orange blossom water will separate and the pistachios will go a bit soft.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced from Honest Cooking