- 2 lbs Italian style lamb sausage
- Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Chopped Garlic
- 1/2 cup Chopped Celery
- 1/2 cup Chopped Carrots
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 10 plum tomatoes, halves and pureed in a food processor
- 1/2 cup 2013 Corner 103 Cabernet Franc
- 1 lb Rigatoni
- Grilled Portobellos
- 1/4 lb Pecorino Foje de Noce
- 1 cup chopped onions
Heat a large Dutch over medium-high heat. Add enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Add the sausage and cook just until well browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add the onions, garlic, celery, and carrots and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the crushed red pepper flakes. Add the fresh tomato puree and the red wine and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Bring a large pasta pot of water to a boil. Season with salt. Add the rigatoni and cook according to package directions, or until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
Place the portobello mushrooms on the bottom of a large platter. Top with the drained pasta. Pour the ragout over the pasta. Shave curls of the pecorino over the pasta with a vegetable peeler.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by Corner 103