I thought I would share with you the Dukan Diet I have been reading about. You can find the cleanest, leanest, humanely harvested protein here at Circle C Farm. We raise grass fed, grass finished, pastured animals. We exceed organic standards, because we do not use pesticides on our land. We do not supplement with soy. Our meats make it easier to follow this plan, which requires lean meats. Have a look for yourself.
I did not write any part of the article below. The article is the property of Dr. Axe.
What Is the Dukan Diet?
The Dukan Diet, also sometimes called the Dr. Dukan Diet, is a low-carb, high-protein diet founded by French physician, Pierre Dukan. Dr. Dukan designed the diet as an innovative way to treat obesity while also preventing weight regain, a common issue with patients simply following low-calorie diets or clean-eating meal plans.
There are four different Dukan Diet phases. Each comes with its own specific set of Dukan Diet rules to follow.
- Attack Phase (1–7 days): During the Dukan Diet attack phase, weight loss is achieved by eating unlimited amounts of lean protein foods each day along with 1.5 tablespoons of oat bran. How long do you stay on the attack phase of the Dukan Diet? This depends mostly on the amount of weight that you need to lose. For example, if you have less than 10 pounds to lose, it’s recommended to stay on this phase for just 1–2 days. If you have over 40 pounds to lose, on the other hand, this phase of the diet may last up to seven days in total.
- Cruise Phase (1–12 months): In this phase of the diet, you should alternate between eating only lean protein foods one day and consuming lean proteins plus non-starchy vegetables the next. You should consume two tablespoons of oat bran daily during this phase as well.
- Consolidation Phase (5 days for every pound lost): The third phase of the diet is designed to help ease the transition back into normal eating. During this phase, you’re able to consume unlimited amounts of lean proteins and vegetables, plus some starchy foods, grains, fruit and hard-rind cheeses. You’re also permitted one “celebration meal” per week and are advised to continue restricting your diet to just lean proteins once weekly. You should also continue consuming two tablespoons of oat bran each day.
- Stabilization Phase (indefinitely): In this final phase of the diet, no foods are technically off-limits. However, you should continue restricting intake to only lean protein foods one day per week and consume three tablespoons of oat bran each day.
In addition to the original diet, there is also the Dukan Diet 2: The 7 Steps, which is a newer eating plan that rotates the foods you eat throughout the week to help you reach your target weight. On this diet plan, the guidelines are as follows:
- Day 1: Protein
- Day 2: Protein and vegetables
- Day 3: Protein, vegetables and fruit
- Day 4: Protein, vegetables, fruit and bread
- Day 5: Protein, vegetables, fruit, bread and cheese
- Day 6: Protein, vegetables, fruit, bread, cheese and complex carbohydrates
- Day 7: Celebration meal with wine and chocolate