Ingredients4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2/3 cup diced Chorizo
2 tbsp favourite spice rub
8 slices bacon (optional)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
Steps to Make It
- Set smoker to 250F and start up the smoke using wood of choice (Hickory, Maple, Cherry all work well)
- Using a sharp knife, gently slice a pocket into each chicken breast. Try and slice as deep into the chicken as you can without coming through the other side.
- Stuff the chicken with some of the diced chorizo (you can also add grated cheese) making sure the same amount goes into each chicken.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken breasts.
- If desired, wrap 2 slices of bacon around each chicken breast.
- If you are not wrapping the chicken with bacon, tie up the chicken breast with string.
- Place chicken breasts in the smoker.
- Remove the chicken from the smoker when it reaches 160-165F, about 3 hours. Personally, I pull the chicken at 160F because it seems to climb a few more degrees even after it has been taken out of the smoker.