Creamy Tomato Chicken Skillet Dinner
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 lbs Circle C Farm Chicken Breast (4 medium), boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 (14 oz) cancrushed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cup skale, ribs removed, torn into small pieces, packed
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet set over over medium-high, heat the olive oil until glistening.
- Season the Circle C Farm Chicken Breasts with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook until golden on the other side, about 5 minutes longer. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add tomato paste, garlic, fennel seeds and red pepper flakes and cook until just fragrant, about 1 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer, allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, ¼ cup parmesan cheese and kale, stirring until kale is just wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Season with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and add chicken back into the skillet. Allow to cook for 5 more minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken breasts reaches 165°F with an instant read thermometer.
- Serve topped with fresh basil and remaining cheese.