We are thrilled to announce the latest addition to our farm's abundant produce – the raw Yucca Root!
Straight from our pastures, we present to you the freshest and most authentic Yucca Root, available in both whole and ground forms, perfect for your culinary adventures.
As with all things, Circle C, we have grown these plants with LOVE and have hand harvested and prepared them for you.
Please enjoy our very own yucca root and change up your culinary routine with something new and super versatile in the kitchen.
Don’t be intimidated, it is very similar to a potato for preparation and eating.
A Brief History of Yucca Root:
Yucca Root, also known as Cassava or Manioc, has a rich history that dates back centuries. Originating from South America, it was a staple food for indigenous tribes and has since spread its roots worldwide. Known for its versatility and nutritional benefits, Yucca Root has been embraced by various cultures across the globe, making it a cherished ingredient in traditional and contemporary cuisines.
Cooking and Handling Tips:
- We did this for you - Selecting the Perfect Yucca Root: When purchasing, look for firm and unblemished roots. They should feel heavy and have a smooth, waxy texture.
- We did this for you - Peeling and Preparing: Use a sturdy vegetable peeler to remove the tough outer skin of the Yucca Root. Cut the root into manageable pieces and remove the fibrous core from the center.
- Boiling Method: Place the peeled and chopped Yucca Root in a pot of salted water and boil until tender (approximately 20-30 minutes). Drain and serve as a delicious side dish. Add butter, a dash of salt and enjoy!
- Whole or strips Frying Method: Cut the Yucca Root into thin strips and fry them until golden brown for a crispy and delightful snack. Yucca fries are fabulous and super tasty.
- Ground yucca root can be fried like a fritter or yucca ‘puppy’ like a hush puppy, just make sure to cook completely. Preparation for these, thaw ground yucca and mix in anything that you might want to. The base flavor is light or neutral and that lends itself to a wide range of options.
We eat it with a pad of butter, 1 egg, dash salt, dash pepper and some (pinch) ground anise or anise seed for a bit of a sweet note. Mix it up and fry to desired golden color. Remove from oil once golden, let cool to comfortable eating temp and ENJOY!!!!
Delightful Yucca Root Recipes:
- Yucca Root Fries:
- 2 cups raw Yucca Root (cut into thin strips)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Paprika, garlic powder, or your favorite seasoning
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). In a bowl, toss the Yucca Root strips with olive oil and seasonings. Spread them on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Yucca Root and Vegetable Stir Fry:
- 1 cup ground raw Yucca Root
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers (mixed colors)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
In a wok or large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, sauté for a minute. Stir in the ground Yucca Root and cook for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
These recipes are just the beginning of the culinary possibilities with Yucca Root. Feel free to experiment and create your own mouthwatering dishes!
At Circle C Farm, we take pride in delivering the highest quality products straight from our pastures to your plate.
We are confident that our raw Yucca Root will elevate your culinary experiences and add a touch of farm-fresh goodness to your family's meals.
Grab some today and experience the natural flavors and health benefits of Yucca Root like never before.
Thank you for being a part of our journey to bring you the finest farm produce. We are grateful for your continued support.