prep time15 minutes
total time15 minutes
- 9 cups Chex cereal Rice or Corn Chex work best
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk or semisweet chocolate chips (I like Guittard or Ghirardelli)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Measure cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
In a separate large microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter. Microwave in bursts of 15 seconds, stirring in between each burst for 15 seconds until the mixture is melted and smooth. Add in the vanilla and salt. Pour over the cereal. Stir well until the cereal is evenly coated. Take care not to crush the cereal while stirring.
Pour half of the cereal mixture into a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag and pour half of the powdered sugar over it. Seal and shake until the cereal is evenly coated. Repeat with the other half of the cereal and powdered sugar. Shake until all the cereal is well coated.
Pour into a large bowl and enjoy! If desired, stir in a fun addition such as mini M&M's or mini chocolate chips.
Store leftover Muddy Buddies in an airtight container at room temperature.
- PLEASE MAKE ANY SUBSITUTIONS THAT RELATE TO YOUR ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS!
Sourced by Chelsea's Messy Apron