Smoky BBQ Chicken Meatball Sliders
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves: 12 Sliders
- 1lb Circle C Farm's Chicken Ground Slider Balls, Unseasoned
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) chili powder or chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) salt, or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup (240ml) bbq sauce
- 1/2 small onion , minced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 12 slider rolls or sweet hawaiian rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage or lettuce
- 12 slices tomato
- grated cheese
Season the chicken meatballs with the garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
In large pan over medium-high heat add oil. Add meatballs and brown them on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Remove meatballs and set aside.
In same pan, add minced onion and cook until translucent. Add meatballs back into the pan then add bbq sauce. If sauce is too thick, add about 1/2 cup of water or until it becomes the consistency that you like.
After sauce begins to simmer, lower heat, cover pan and gently simmer meatballs in bbq sauce for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are completely cooked.
Assembly is easy, just lay meatball between the slider rolls and add your favorite toppings (shredded lettuce/cabbage, tomato, pickles, cheese, etc). Enjoy!