Circle C Farm Abattoir & Butcher Shop is NOW Once Again accepting outside animals for Harvesting & Butchering Services / Meat Processing Services
We have a HIGH demand & limited availability. If you’d like to get on our schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
call the Farm 239-776-9054 (M-F 9 AM to 3 PM) to schedule your harvesting time.
Turn time is typically 1-2 weeks from time of drop off. So, have that freezer ready!
Species for Harvesting include: Cattle, Pigs, Goat, Lambs
NO Poultry or Wild Game will be harvested for bio-security purposes at all.
CUT SHEET will be emailed upon scheduling appointment, so that you can look everything over before coming on site for drop off. We will go through the cut sheet with you.
We have kept it simple to minimize any confusion or errors on your end or ours.
All butchering / packaging will be at the same quality and HIGH standards that we engage in when handling our own meat and packaging for our clientele – your meat will be treated the same as we treat our own AND so will your animal!
YOU will get back YOUR ENTIRE ANIMAL!
Our goal is to harvest and butcher so that you get the greatest yield out of your animal carcass.
All bones, fat, meat, etc will be packaged and provided for you. It’s YOUR animal and we take pride in our old-fashioned hand butchering by our experienced butchers and the way that they breakdown an animal to maximize your yield by using techniques that will do just that.
We DON’T KEEP any of your meat, it’s YOURS and we have our own! (We don’t need nor want your meat!) Don't take that personally, but yours is yours, ours is ours! :)
That being said… the FLAVOR of your meat is based 100% on what YOU fed it.
We are not responsible for the flavor of your meat. We make sure that your animal is as calm and stress free as possible at the time of harvest because we know that you have months and or years invested in your animal. We so appreciate and respect all of what it takes to get your animal ready for butchering. We honor and treat all livestock with respect and appreciation on this farm. Yours included.
ALL animals will have access to grassy pastures, clean water and a stress-free environment from the time that you drop them off until the time of harvesting, typically 24-48 hours from the time of drop off.
We do NOT knowingly harvest ANY animal that is pregnant or showing clear signs of being pregnant. No exceptions on this!
HARVEST & BUTCHERING SERVICES OFFERED and COSTS:
Harvest / Butchering:
Flat amount of $3 / pound Clean Carcass Weight (Hot hanging weight will be documented so that you know your total yield) + tongue + organ (heart, kidney, liver) = Total amount for the harvesting process.
Ex: 400 pound live animal weight (Hot Weight – so you know what your yield is)
200 pound clean carcass weight + 10 pounds of tongue and organs weight = 210 pounds total for butchering and packaging.
= 210 pounds total x $3 / pound = $630 Total (with no additional patties or sausages)
Your total all in for the harvest, butchering, packaging, labeling ready for pick up.
- We do NOT charge or have a separate harvest (kill) fee – we are all inclusive to make it super easy for you and us.
- Burger patties: $.99 / pound additional
- Sausages: $2.99 / pound additional – we hand mix our spices fresh in small batches, use our own family recipes (NEVER pre-packaged or commercial spices), case all sausages by hand and use a natural hog casing.
- ALL packages are vacuum sealed and labeled. So you will know what the cut is and how much that package weighs.
- ALL livestock are harvested under USDA Inspection.
- NO Yard, feed or holding fees or cost to you at all.
- No chemicals, preservatives, MSG, Nitrites, Nitrates, Sulfites or Sulfates are used on or in your meats, patties or sausages, EVER!
- All livestock will be harvested under inspection.
- Meat that is for your private freezer will be marked Not For Sale.
- Meat that is for SALE to the public will leave our facility labeled as required by USDA for legal sale to the public/into commerce (USDA language). Upon leaving our facility, NO OTHER LABELS CAN BE ADDED TO THESE PACAKGES in order to remain USDA COMPLIANT. ADDITIONALLY, NO LABEL WILL LEAVE our facility with any CLAIMS. So...if you are marketing as "Grass Fed or Pasture Raised," leave that on your marketing materials, it will NOT BE ON YOUR LABEL. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! If you add any labels to the packaging after it leaves our facility, please understand that USDA Compliance has the ability to seize and condemn ALL meat that has any additional labels on it. Should USDA do that, it falls on YOU, not on us! Remember, your meat will leave us as Inspected Product by a USDA Inspector, therefore, any alteration, label changes or additions, anything once it leaves us is ON YOU! It is NOT worth pushing your luck, so leave all packaging as it is when you pick it up.
Our collective goal is for you to be able to raise really amazing animals, have them harvested humanely by us and then be able to legally sell your meat to others in our collective community. We can ALL eat in our food shed, so that we can continue to feed our families and friends and neighbors healthy meats that we know are better for us all in general. It is our goal here at Circle C Farm to support other farmers in our state, so that we can all benefit from what we do and our commitment to the livestock we raise to eat!
We look forward to working with you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.