WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 12 large eggs
- 1 oil-packed anchovy fillet, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped cornichons
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. finely chopped drained capers
- ⅓ cup finely chopped tender herbs (such as parsley, chives, tarragon, and/or dill), plus more for serving
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Hot sauce and/or flaky sea salt (for serving; optional)
WHAT TO DO
- Pour water into a medium saucepan to come 1" up the sides and bring to a boil. Using a slotted spoon, gently lower eggs into water. Cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and let cool, about 5 minutes.
- Peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Arrange cut side up on a platter or large plate.
- Stir anchovy, mayonnaise, cornichons, lime juice, mustard, capers, and ⅓ cup herbs in a small bowl until well combined. Season rémoulade with salt and pepper.
- Spoon ½ Tbsp. rémoulade over each egg half. Top with more herbs, followed by hot sauce and sea salt (if using).